Windows indexing service is very useful to help you search files more quickly, but when this service is activated, it will use a lot of your CPU and RAM. You don’t search file in Windows XP all the time, right?
So, we disable this service all you need to do are:
- Open your My Computer, navigate to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.
- Find “Indexing Service” from the list, and double click on it.
- On the General tab, change the Startup type into “Disable”.
- If the service is running, click on the Stop button.
- Click OK to save your changes.