Facebook recently launched a new feature called Facebook Connect, it enables Facebook users to share their Facebook identity, friends and privacy to any websites they wanted. According to Facebook, this features will enable any websites to implement and offer more features of Facebook Platform.
Adding Facebook Connect to your or site is a bit tricky, but if you’re using WordPress, Movable Type, Drupal, VBulletin forum or MediaWiki you can add this feature easily because those CMS have a plugin/module to help add Facebook Connect in just a few steps.
Add Facebook Connect on WordPress
Add Facebook Connect to WordPress
This plugin was developed by a Spanish named Javier Reyes.
- Build a community for your blog
- Login to your blog using your Facebook account
- Send comments to Facebook profile feed
- Invite your friends to your blog community
- See who visited your blog
Watch the Video
This video was created by SixJumps.
Add Facebook Connect on Drupal
Add Facebook Connect to Drupal
This module was developed by lanetscouade.
- After logging through Facebook Connect, users can then create a Drupal account on your site
- Users can see which of their Facebook friends already have an account on the Drupal website
- Users can publish a customizable message on their Facebook feed announcing that they have created an account on the Drupal website
- Users can invite their Facebook friends to create an account on the Drupal website
Add Facebook Connect on Movable Type
Add Facebook Connect to Movable Type
- Allows any Facebook user to sign in, comment, and share their actions on Facebook
- Displays Facebook users’ name and photo next to their comment.
- Share comment with their network of friends on Facebook
Add Facebook Connect on VBulletin Forum
Add Facebook Connect to VBulletin
- Facebook users will be able to receive Facebook notifications
- News-Feed will be published on to the user’s wall
- Fetch user data from Facebook
Automatically befriend user’s friends
Add Facebook Connect on MediaWiki
Add Facebook Connect to Mediawiki
- “Single Sign On” experience via Facebook Connect
- On a successful Connect, creates a new wiki user from their Facebook ID, fills in Real Name from Facebook
- Mouseover tooltips of profile pics and info for Connected users
Download Plugin from SVN
svn co https://fbconnect4mw.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fbconnect4mw/trunk/FBConnect FBConnect
For support and instalation guidelines you can go to http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Facebook_Connect_Plugin_for_MediaWiki
Add Facebook Connect to Any Sites
If you’re not using one of the CMS listed above, you can still add Facebook Connect feature to your site but it’s gonna be a bit tricky. Here are a list of tutorials from Facebook to help you add Facebook connect to your site manually.